The Malaysian Danish Business Council (MDBC) was founded on October 19th, 1992 and is a non-profit organisation with the aim of assisting Malaysian and Danish business women and men in their efforts to promote trade, services and investments between Malaysia and Denmark.
The Council shall provide a Network Forum for discussing and exchanging views on business conditions and issues, both domestic and international, affecting Malaysian and Danish companies and personnel, through regular Business Lunches and Business related activities.
MDBC aims to work closely with the Royal Danish Embassy in the best interest of promoting Malaysian and Danish businesses, in order to achieve maximum public – private sector cooperation, and collaboration between the Kingdom of Denmark and Malaysia.
MDBC aims to assist with advice to Danish business people with their families settling in Malaysia, and preliminary advice to Malaysian business people and their family prior to settling in Denmark.
The Council is engaged in social and other activities to ensure those MDBC Corporate members, and their accompanying family members get an enriched experience while based in Malaysia, and actively feel part of the MDBC community.
MDBC will furthermore move towards establishing working relationship with Danish Business Councils throughout the Asian Countries.
MDBC Membership and benefits
Be an active partner in the Malaysian - Danish Business Community, in Malaysia:
- Learn from other members experience with Business development & Management in Malaysia & the Kingdom of Denmark.
- Facilitate accelerated learning, by benchmarking with other Danish organisations in Malaysia & the Kingdom of Denmark.
- Enjoy a host of activities throughout the year.
MDBC / EUMCCI Top-Up Membership and benefits
MDBC / EUMCCI Top-Up Membership gives access to:
- We provide a strong lobbying platform through our industry sector committees for our members to raise issues impacting their business in Malaysia.
- As Malaysia’s 3rd largest trading partner, the EU incl. Denmark and hence the Chamber is an important dialogue partner with the Malaysian government in mapping government policies / strategies towards a successful implementation of the ETP.
- EUMCCI committees play an important role in proposing recommendations.
- Enjoy high-level networking via our approximately 35/year Chamber or committee-organised events.
- Enjoy privilege pricing for advertising in our publications be it our quarterly Review (circulation of 3000) sent directly to Corporate Partners or the bi-monthly e-News Bulletin (6000+ emails distributed per issue) or on our website.
- Have unlimited access to committees thereby widening their networks in all industry sectors.
- Get complimentary invitations to exclusive high-level events as our guest – average 5-6 events per year.
- Are invited to insert short newsworthy articles in our Review at no cost to them.
- Have their logos with a link to their website in our Member Directory on our website.
- Have extended profile and logos in our EU-Malaysia Business Directory.
- Receive free copies of our publications, i.e. Trade Issues & Recommendations, CSR Book, Quarterly Review and Member Directory.
- Have access to exclusive members’ promotions via login on the website.
- Have access to the quarterly CEO Digest and e-reviews on key statistics and economic analysis to assist decision makers planning ahead.
- Have access to EU sister chambers' events in the region at members’ price.
- Have access to EU Chambers in the region.